A letter to our families from MHS Athletic Director Evan Brown:
This last week we have received more info from OHA and the OSAA regarding interscholastic athletics.
A big change is that after August 28th we are in Season 1 defined by the OSAA. With season 1, we will continue as is with our sport specific optional workouts and will be providing updates on that in the near future. We want to be clear that the goal is to participate in Seasons 2 (winter sports), 3 (fall sports), and 4 (spring sports) and do not want to jeopardize that goal and will be cautious in our approach to participation in optional Season 1.
Student athletes will need to make sure their athletic registrations are submitted for each sport they plan to participate in and that they have a current physical on file before they join any season 1 activities.
All coaches must complete their OSAA certification requirements before coaching in Season 1.
See the links at right from OHA and OSAA for the latest information.
Here are a FEW highlights:
- After August 28th, all coaches must be certified to participate in workouts
- After August 28th all athletes must have a current physical on file
- After August 28th all athletes must be registered for the sport they are participating in.
- Outside activities, if 6 feet social distance is not guaranteed ALL must wear a mask.
- Outside activities, if 6 ft social distance is guaranteed, masks are optional for participants.
- Indoor activities, all participants must wear a mask.
- All coaches (inside and outside) must wear a mask at all times
More updates will be provided as changes occur.
Evan Brown, CAA
Madras High School