JEFFERSON COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. No athlete can practice until they have a current physical on file.
2. No athlete can practice until they have completed, signed and turned in all necessary paperwork.
Single Trip Parent Consent Form
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD, VIEW, OR PRINT
Sports Seasons – Due to COVID -19 and the guidelines put in place by the State of Oregon, Oregon Health Authority, Oregon Department of Education and the OSAA, our traditional sports seasons will look a little different this year. We’ll have more details on the timing and schedule of those sports opportunities when they become available.
The purpose of this basketball season is skill development. There will be no games or “live” scrimmage type play during the season. It will strictly be skill-building practices and workouts.
Season 1 Schedule: Week of November 16 thru Week of December 14th
6th, 7th & 8th Grade Boys – Mondays & Tuesdays from 3:30-5PM
6th, 7th & 8th Grade Girls – Wednesdays & Thursdays from 3:30-5PM
- Please do not arrive earlier than 3:30 pm and please plan to pick up your athlete promptly at 5:00 pm.
- Athletes should bring their own:
- Mask- To be worn at all times. (Exception: to drink water)
- Personal water bottle. No water fountains are available.
- T-shirt, shorts, & gym shoes (locker room not available)
- All Athletes must have a current physical on file with the JCMS office in order to participate. These are valid for 2 years.
- Before each day of practice, all athletes must complete the check-in. This will help us with contact-tracing, if necessary.
- Please note that spectators are not allowed at this point in time.
- Students will go home after in-person instruction that starts on 11/30 and are not allowed to wait at the school. They would need to return at 3:30 pm for practices.
When arriving for practice please wait outside under the west entrance (covered area by gym). Coaches will open the doors (Specific doors for each grade level to the gym when they are ready to begin checking-in athletes at 3:30 pm). Prior to entering, all athletes will make sure they have completed their “Daily Athletic Check-In” & sanitize their hands. Safety is our top priority. We ask that all athletes respect and follow the guidelines. All coaches will be wearing masks and maintain appropriate social distancing. Additionally, all basketballs will be sanitized prior to and after use.
Athletics Director/Coach- Walter Stahl- firstname.lastname@example.org
Head coach- Todd Eckhart- email@example.com
Assistant coach- Riley McAnally- firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant coach- Lee Hofman- email@example.com
There are several requirements in order to participate in these school sports at JCMS:
- Proof of insurance & emergency contact form (can pick up at JCMS or print online and fill out- See webpage)
- Current Physical- done by a doctor in the last 2 years (turned into the school office)